Monday, October 3, 2016

a project i didn't complete//make it ironic because of that//bend

This past summer, I quickly became enthralled by an idea for a photo project. Although I can honestly say I usually follow through on my ideas, this one didn't quite make it; I had hoped for it to be a collaborative project, with different people contributing their photos. At this point, there exist only twenty-five photos, all from me.

that can change.

the Project: "One Pose", where each collaborator chooses one yoga asana,


practices the asana every day and,
at some point during the pose,
takes a picture of his/her/their view. The picture-taking part necessitates safety and control; don't choose an asana like the first one I chose, chakrasana, or wheel pose:

thanks Jung, but don't get all psychotherapy on me when I'm just tryna to do a backbend.

you can imagine it would be difficult to take a photo while maintaining a backbend. The first photo in this series is me attempting to do that. 

I changed my "One" very quickly:

My "One" Asana:Padangusthasana (Big Toe Pose) (Google it)
Days: 24 (+1 in Chakrasana) 





Maybe we can continue this project. Interested?

No comments:

Post a Comment