Wednesday, January 6, 2016

i told you this was a food blog//egg in an avo\\cado

Adapted from Why You Should Bake Your Eggs Inside an Avocado

I like when recipes have authoritative titles: You should make this. At first I'm perturbed by the casual disrespect of my individuality, my agency, my own ability to make decisions and determine what I "should" do. Then I say whatever, this is someone else's perception of what "should" be done anyway.

and I make my recipe vernacular a bit authoritative too. all-caps helps.

INGREDIENTS (serve 2; prep time 5 mins; cook time 10-12 mins)

ONE avocado

TWO eggs

SALT AND PEPPER

SOME hot sauce (if u want)


DIRECTIONS/INSTRUCTIONS (which one sounds more like it's chuckling from the ribs of a despot? That one.)

PREHEAT oven to 450 F.

CUT that avo in half (I like to follow the circumference of the ellipse with a sharp knife, cutting deep to the seed all along, put the knife down, and grab each half to wiggle them free)

REMOVE to seed (swymf trick: whack your sharp knife into the seed, move the handle back and forth, and, like you did with the avocado halves, wiggle the object of desire free)

***I've decided to use "swymf" to references the title of this blog. 
i love the acronym's absurdity.

here is a demonstrative video if my DIRECTIONS/INSTRUCTIONS don't suffice: 

***tip: pour hot sauce in the avo hole before you plop in the egg. The original recipe calls this a "Pro tip," which, after being directly told what one "should" do this whole time, is painfully indirect and all the more despotic...

...

this is the hot sauce I used.

Katy Perry calls it liquid gold.


Told you.


STARE into your avo holes. You may need to make the holes larger/deeper to accommodate the entire egg. 

CRACK egg in avo hole. Again, you have have needed to make the avo holes deeper. But, if the whites spill out, that's okay; they'll cook like canopies, hanging from the green.


because.

ADD salt, pepper, and spices, if you'd like.
that's my effort to avoid despotism. on my own blog. a place that is literally all mine.
but thats why i share it with you <33333333334#

so excited at this point as to channel it to the hand holding the phone.

BAKE for 10-12 minutes at 450 F.


this was in the beginning.

***dedicated to Kate Dowd, who brought the sauce and told me Katy Perry liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment